2nd Residency stay at the National Theatre Drama for Belarussian playwrights
The Drama Section of the National Theatre in Prague, the Prague Crossroads festival and the Embassy of Independent Belarusian Culture in the Czech Republic in Brno hereby announce a call for a residency stay in Prague.
The Drama Section of the National Theatre in Prague and the Prague Crossroads festival have decided to offer a creative scholarship and residency stay in Prague for two Belarussian playwrights.
The resident authors will be accommodated in the National Theatre lodging house located in the historical centre of Prague, at the Anenské square, for a period of six weeks. The call is not limited by age or the author's citizenship and is intended for authors writing in the Belarussian or Russian language. The residency stay is aimed to allow the authors sufficient time for writing their own play, and also to acquaint the Czech cultural public with contemporary Belarussian playwriting. During their stay in Prague, the authors will take part in a public reading of their existing works and in other events organised by the National Theatre Drama or the Embassy of Independent Belarusian Culture, based on mutual agreement.
- The applicant must have at least one published (in a book or magazine) or staged theatre play
Deadline for submitting applications:
- 15 August 2021 (The results will be announced on 1 September 2021; the applicants will be selected by the dramaturgs of the National Theatre Drama)
Place of the residence stay: Prague
Term of the residency stay: 15 October 2021 – 29 November 2021
Two residency stays are available for this term.
The residents will be entitled to:
- a scholarship in the amount of CZK 45,000 and accommodation in a residential flat;
- reimbursement of travel expenses associated with the trip to and from the place of the residency stay;
- co-operation in obtaining a visa for the Czech Republic
Application documents (in English or Russian, in Word or PDF):
- a motivation letter
- filled-in application
- structured curriculum vitae, including bibliography
The application form contains additional terms and conditions, which constitute an integral part of this call and are binding on the applicants.
Please send the documents to firstname.lastname@example.org and specify the following in the Subject: “Residency stay for Belarussian playwrights”.
Find more information and application form here: